Complex Care Personal Assistant *From £168 per day*(SB) £168-£192 per shift
Libertatem Healthcare Group’s philosophy is a simple one:
· Independence – Our clients independence is key to every decision we make
· Communication is vital to achieving the optimum outcomes
· Our People are our biggest asset
*Previous Applicants need NOT Apply
Libertatem Healthcare are seeking to recruit Personal Assistants (PA’s) with expertise to work with people with complex neurological conditions, for our male client living with his young family in Oxfordshire.
Our client requires 2:1 waking care, 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
He is tetraplegic, uses a wheelchair full time, requires assistance with all moving and handling activities, especially to spend active time with his family and pet dog.
He has significant communication challenges at present, therefore requires support to initiate communication and choice, however when he is unwell he will require anticipation of his needs.
He has an active therapy programme, which he will require assistance to participate in.
Due to the needs of our client, the PA’s will need to hold a full Driving Licence.
It is important to our client that his PA’s have a good sense of humour, zest for life and enjoy outdoor activities.
8am to 8pm – 7 days per week
As part of his support team you will be responsible for assisting with:
– With regards Covid-19, our client is extremely clinically vulnerable, and therefore compliance with all vaccinations and testing is required, this will require daily lateral flow testing.
· Supporting Independence and continued rehabilitation both at home and within the community. This will include support within hydrotherapy
. Participate in monitoring and review of Clients’ care plans
· Work in a professional manner with all members of the Client’s Multidisciplinary team and other health professionals that may be involved.
· Promote self-care and self-management to achieve a maximum level of independence for the client, and also to support his role within his family.
– International travel will be part of the role, supporting the client to return to his home country – Greece, for periods of time throughout the year, as well as other destinations. Therefore, the ability to procure the appropriate travel documentation will be required.
Assistance with Clients’ personal care and mobility.
Assistance with Client’s specific respiratory needs, through physiotherapy and clinical interventions, specialist equipment for example a cough assist machine, nebuliser etc, and continual management and reporting of the his daily respiratory needs.
Assistance with the clients specific neurological needs, including PEG feeding, medication management, spasticity management and regular observations.· Management of neurogenic bowel – undertaking bowel care regime as defined in the care and support plan- this may include Digital Rectal Examination, Digital Rectal Stimulation, Digital Rectal removal of faeces, insertion of suppositories or enema, use of bowel irrigation system.
· Assistance with domestic care tasks such as laundry, ironing, and household cleaning.
·Preparation of food and drinks, kitchen cleaning and hygiene, assistance with shopping and menu planning.
· · Provision of emotional support to increase the Clients’ confidence and motivation, under the guidance of the psychologist, working with family.
· Assist with the use of moving and handling equipment to promote independence and ensure safety of all
· Monitor skin integrity and ensure any changes are noted and raised with clinical lead, so these changes can be acted on
· Administer medication as designated in the care and support plan in accordance with Company policies and procedures. This may include monitoring self-medication, prompting medication or administering medication.
· Monitor Client’s general health and well-being using equipment provided and respond and react as directed in the care and support plan to any changes that may be indicative of potential infection.
· Deliver support in a manner which is sensitive to the client’s culture, disability, race, age, sexuality, marital or civil partnership status, transgender status or religion/belief.
· Document clearly in the daily records on the progress of rehabilitation programmes i.e. observing, recording, and reporting on changes in a Client’s physical and/or emotional condition.
Training & Background Checks
An enhanced DBS check & full training will be provided prior to commencing work with our client and you will also be supported by our clinical lead nurse for the area.
· Extensive training
· Regular supervisions
· Annual appraisal
· Weekly Pay
· Holiday pay
· International travel
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in support work while working alongside experienced therapists and professionals.
Our Safeguarding Commitment
Libertatem Healthcare Group recognise the benefits of people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, whilst balancing the right to be safe with the right to make informed choices. At the same time, making sure that adult’s and children’s wellbeing is promoted including taking into consideration their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action. With this in mind, we will work to adhere to the six key principles that underpin all safeguarding work.