Spinal injury support worker *Punjabi or Urdu speaker beneficial* (KC/A) £14 – £16 per hour
Libertatem Healthcare Group’s philosophy is a simple one:
· Independence – Our clients independence is key to every decision we make
· Communication is vital to achieving the optimum outcomes
· Our People are our biggest asset
*Previous Applicants need NOT Apply
Libertatem Healthcare are seeking to recruit *Due to our clients needs* Experienced, Support Workers to work with our spinal injury client in Ilford. Our client requires assistance in going with him to gym, swimming, shopping, light domestic tasks. *Due tou our clients needs* It will be beneficial if staff can speak in Urdu or Panjabi.
*Due to our client needs we are looking for male support worker as on Friday’s he will need support to attend mosque*
20 hours per week Tue to Fri – 10:00-15:00
· Supporting Independence and daily tasks
· Provide personalised support in a sensitive and confidential manner
· Understand and follow care plans, seeking clarification from the healthcare coordinator or clinical lead nurse as necessary.
· Work in a professional manner with all members of the Service user’s Multidisciplinary team and other health professionals that may be involved.
· Promote self-care and self-management to achieve a maximum level of independence for each individual.
This may include: –
· Assistance with Service Users’ mobility, feeding, washing, bathing and dressing.
· Assistance with domestic care tasks such as laundry, ironing, and household cleaning.
·Preparation of food and drinks, kitchen cleaning and hygiene, assistance with shopping and menu planning.
·Assisting Service Users to attend appointments, go shopping, etc.
· Provision of emotional support to increase the Service Users’ confidence and motivation.
Training & Background Checks
An enhanced DBS check & full training will be provided prior to commencing work with our client and you will also be supported by our clinical lead nurse for the area.
· Extensive training
· Regular supervisions
· Annual appraisal
· Weekly Pay
· Holiday pay
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in support work while working alongside experienced therapists and professionals.
*Double Covid vaccination may be mandatory dependent on the client’s needs.*
Our Safeguarding Commitment
Libertatem Healthcare Group recognise the benefits of people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, whilst balancing the right to be safe with the right to make informed choices. At the same time, making sure that adult’s and children’s wellbeing is promoted including taking into consideration their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action. With this in mind, we will work to adhere to the six key principles that underpin all safeguarding work.