Female Brain Injury Support Worker £15.00 per hour (SH) in Okehampton
Libertatem Healthcare Group’s philosophy is a simple one:
· Independence – Our clients independence is key to every decision we make
· Communication is vital to achieving the optimum outcomes
· Our People are our biggest asset
*PLEASE NOTE: We DO NOT offer Sponsorship*
*Previous Applicants need NOT Apply
Libertatem Healthcare are seeking to recruit *due to our clients needs* experienced Female support worker who has experience working with Brain injury. Our client is in his 60’s and lives in his property. He suffers with memory impairment, and is dyslexia. Our client is a smoker, requires support in the community, attending appointments, and domestic duties.
3 Shifts a week.
1000-1500 or 1100-1600
Main Tasks and Duties
· Supporting Independence and continued rehabilitation.
· Provide personalised support in a sensitive and confidential manner, to individuals and families according to their personalised support plan.
· Understand and follow care plans, seeking clarification from the healthcare coordinator or clinical lead nurse as necessary.
· Participate in monitoring and review of Service Users’ care plans Work in a professional manner with all members of the Service user’s Multidisciplinary team and other health professionals that may be involved.
· Promote self-care and self-management to achieve a maximum level of independence for each individual.
This may include: –
*Assistance with domestic care tasks such as laundry, ironing, and household cleaning.
*Preparation of food and drinks, kitchen cleaning and hygiene, assistance with shopping and menu planning.
*Assisting Service Users to attend appointments, go shopping, collect pensions etc.
Provision of emotional support to increase the Service Users’ confidence and motivation.
Assist with the use of moving and handling equipment to promote independence and ensure safety of all
Monitor skin integrity and ensure any changes are noted and raised with clinical lead, so these changes can be acted on
Administer medication as designated in the care and support plan in accordance with Company policies and procedures. This may include monitoring self-medication, prompting medication or administering medication.
Assist Service Users with rehabilitation activities as directed by the care and support plan and as directed and developed by members of the multidisciplinary team.
Monitor Service User’s general health and well-being using equipment provided and respond and react as directed in the care and support plan to any changes that may be indicative of Autonomic Dysreflexia or potential infection.
Deliver support in a manner which is sensitive to the service user’s culture, disability, race, age, sexuality, marital or civil partnership status, transgender status or religion/belief.
Document clearly in the daily records on the progress of rehabilitation programmes i.e. observing, recording, and reporting on changes in a Service User’s physical and/or emotional condition.
Training & Background Checks
An enhanced DBS check & full training will be provided prior to commencing work with our client and you will also be supported by our clinical lead nurse for the area.
· Extensive training
· Regular supervisions
· Annual appraisal
· Weekly Pay
· Holiday pay
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in support work while working alongside experienced therapists and professionals.
Our Safeguarding Commitment
Libertatem Healthcare Group recognise the benefits of people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, whilst balancing the right to be safe with the right to make informed choices. At the same time, making sure that adult’s and children’s wellbeing is promoted including taking into consideration their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action. With this in mind, we will work to adhere to the six key principles that underpin all safeguarding work.