Female Complex Care Waking Night Support Worker (GS) £186-£198 per shift
Libertatem Healthcare Group’s philosophy is a simple one:
· Independence – Our clients independence is key to every decision we make
· Communication is vital to achieving the optimum outcomes
· Our People are our biggest asset
*Previous Applicants need NOT Apply
Libertatem Healthcare are seeking to recruit *Due to our clients needs* a Female Waking Night Support Worker to support our 6 year old Female client who is based in Stanmore.
Our client is enrolled at a special needs school and attends on a fulltime basis. She has a team of therapists including physiotherapy, speech and language therapy and occupational therapy and has a home programme of therapies and activities.
You will work alongside our clients parents and therapists to provide a high standard of care. You will work in partnership with her family and the MDT to implement therapy regimes and to create a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which she can thrive and develop. You will sometimes be asked to drive the family car to collect her from school.
Tuesday – Friday & Sundays (5 days per week)
As part of her support team, you will be responsible for assisting with:
· Provide full assistance with self-care requirements, including bathing, grooming, dressing/undressing and nappy changes.
· Administer all enteral feeds and fluids via her feeding tube.
· Provide assistance with mobility needs within the home and in the community, such as transfers, positioning and pushing her buggy.
· Provide assistance with all domestic requirements, including laundry and ironing, keeping her bedroom, bathroom and therapy room tidy
· Safely administer medication via her feeding tube.
· Monitor and record seizure activity and to manage seizures as directed by the epilepsy care plan.
· Accompany on school runs and community trips. You will be required to drive the family’s wheelchair accessible vehicle.
· Work alongside the MDT to implement daily therapy programmes and to provide a stimulating and safe environment.
· Work alongside the speech and language therapist to facilitate communication and to include our client in conversation and activities to empower her within any given environment
· Keep an accurate and legible written record of your daily input within the home file
· Advise our clients mother and case manager immediately of any concerns regarding her health or well-being
· Liaise with the family and MDT regarding her progress and to report all incidents that are either unusual or which give cause for concern.
Training & Background Checks
An enhanced DBS check & full training will be provided prior to commencing work with our client and you will also be supported by our clinical lead nurse for the area.
· Extensive training
· Regular supervisions
· Annual appraisal
· Weekly Pay
· Holiday pay
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in support work while working alongside experienced therapists and professionals.
*Double Covid vaccination may be mandatory dependent on the client’s needs.*
Our Safeguarding Commitment
Libertatem Healthcare Group recognise the benefits of people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, whilst balancing the right to be safe with the right to make informed choices. At the same time, making sure that adult’s and children’s wellbeing is promoted including taking into consideration their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action. With this in mind, we will work to adhere to the six key principles that underpin all safeguarding work.