Cerebral Palsy Support Worker (VZ) £14.00-£15.00ph
Libertatem Healthcare Group’s philosophy is a simple one:
· Independence – Our clients independence is key to every decision we make
· Communication is vital to achieving the optimum outcomes
· Our People are our biggest asset
*Previous Applicants need NOT Apply
Libertatem Healthcare Group is currently seeking Cerebral Palsy Support Workers to work with our client in Haslemere.
Our client is 7 year old boy with Dyskinetic Cerebral Palsy. He walks with assistance and follows a conductive education regime. He requires buccal midazolam sometimes when he has a prolonged seizure.
- Monday to Friday 16:15-20:15 (term dates)
- Up to 10hrs during the day (half term)
- Alternate weekends 08:00-20:00
- Also to go on holidays with the client as and when needed.
As part of his support team, you will be responsible for assisting with:
· Supporting our client to access the community
· Providing encouragement and motivation
· Encourage the client to complete basic household tasks
· Supporting the client to be healthy and engage in recreational pursuits.
Training & Background Checks
An enhanced DBS check & full training will be provided prior to commencing work with our client and you will also be supported by our clinical lead nurse for the area.
· Extensive training
· Regular supervisions
· Annual appraisal
· Weekly Pay
· Holiday pay
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in support work while working alongside experienced therapists and professionals.
Our Safeguarding Commitment
Libertatem Healthcare Group recognise the benefits of people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, whilst balancing the right to be safe with the right to make informed choices. At the same time, making sure that adult’s and children’s wellbeing is promoted including taking into consideration their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action. With this in mind, we will work to adhere to the six key principles that underpin all safeguarding work.