Brain Injury Support Worker (VZ) £14 per hour
Libertatem Healthcare Group’s philosophy is a simple one:
· Independence – Our clients independence is key to every decision we make
· Communication is vital to achieving the optimum outcomes
· Our People are our biggest asset
*Previous Applicants need NOT Apply
Libertatem Healthcare are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, motivated and experienced brain injury support workers to provide support and rehabilitation to our female client who has experienced a traumatic brain injury. Our client currently lives in Eastbourne with her mother but will be moving into her own home in the near future, where there will be opportunity for increased working hours with the potential for sleep-in shifts.
Support will include the delivery of occupational therapy and neuropsychology rehabilitation programmes. Input will mostly involve cognitive rehabilitation.
Our client would also like to experience mini breaks in the UK and holidays abroad, so candidates must be prepared to travel on occasion.
Due to our client needs we are looking candidates who drive and got access to their own vehicle.
• The delivery of her rehabilitation programme
• Providing encouragement and motivation
• Assist with day to day living (home meal preparation, domestic tasks, budgeting, shopping, attending appointments, day trips and visiting museums, exploring and trialling new leisure activities)
• Managing level of mood and fatigue
• Promoting structure to client week and accessing the community.
• Providing support with socialising and building meaningful relationships.
Training & Background Checks
An enhanced DBS check & full training will be provided prior to commencing work with our client and you will also be supported by our clinical lead nurse for the area.
· Extensive training
· Regular supervisions
· Annual appraisal
· Weekly Pay
· Holiday pay
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in support work while working alongside experienced therapists and professionals.
Our Safeguarding Commitment
Libertatem Healthcare Group recognise the benefits of people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, whilst balancing the right to be safe with the right to make informed choices. At the same time, making sure that adult’s and children’s wellbeing is promoted including taking into consideration their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action. With this in mind, we will work to adhere to the six key principles that underpin all safeguarding work.