Brain Injury Support Worker *days* (GS) £14-£16 per hour
Libertatem Healthcare Group’s philosophy is a simple one:
· Independence – Our clients independence is key to every decision we make
· Communication is vital to achieving the optimum outcomes
· Our People are our biggest asset
*Previous Applicants need NOT Apply
Libertatem Healthcare are seeking to recruit an experienced brain injury support worker to support our male client based in Bishops Stortford, 1:1. Our client is 14 years old and is currently supported by his family.
Monday to Friday 1530 – 2100
Saturday and Sunday 0900 -2100
- Provide personalised support in a sensitive and confidential manner, to individuals and families according to their personalised support plan.
- Understand and follow care plans, seeking clarification from the healthcare coordinator or clinical lead nurse as necessary.
- Participate in monitoring and review of Service Users’ care plans
- Work in a professional manner with all members of the Service user’s Multidisciplinary team and other health professionals that may be involved.
- Promote self-care and self-management to achieve a maximum level of independence for each individual.
This may include: –
*Assistance with Service Users’ mobility, feeding, washing, bathing and dressing.
*Management of neurogenic bladder – care of urethral/ suprapubic catheter or through use of intermittent catheterisation.
*Management of neurogenic bowel – undertaking bowel care regime as defined in the care and support plan- this may include Digital Rectal Examination, Digital Rectal Stimulation, Digital Rectal removal of faeces, insertion of suppositories or enema, use of bowel irrigation system.
*Assistance with domestic care tasks such as laundry, ironing, and household cleaning.
*Preparation of food and drinks, kitchen cleaning and hygiene, assistance with shopping and menu planning.
*Assisting Service Users to attend appointments, go shopping, collect pensions etc.
- Provision of emotional support to increase the Service Users’ confidence and motivation.
- Assist with the use of moving and handling equipment to promote independence and ensure safety of all
- Administer medication as designated in the care and support plan in accordance with Company policies and procedures. This may include monitoring self-medication, prompting medication or administering medication.
- Assist Service Users with rehabilitation activities as directed by the care and support plan and as directed and developed by members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Deliver support in a manner which is sensitive to the service user’s culture, disability, race, age, sexuality, marital or civil partnership status, transgender status or religion/belief.
- Document clearly in the daily records on the progress of rehabilitation programmes i.e. observing, recording, and reporting on changes in a Service User’s physical and/or emotional condition.
- Assist the healthcare coordinator and clinical lead nurse by communicating all information to ensure Service Users’ needs are met.
- Work in partnership with all members of the multidisciplinary team and report any changes in a Service User’s mental or physical health, or social conditions
- Ensure that concerns around safeguarding issues or equality and diversity are reported in line with Company procedures.
- Report any serious incidents, accidents or near misses by completing incident form
- Report any hazards or potential hazards that impact on the safe delivery of care to the office team, in line with Company procedure.
- Report to the office team professional any concerns, complaints, or suggestions for improvements raised by Service Users and/or their Carers.
- Report to the office team promptly any concerns of neglect or abuse.
- Maintain clear, concise and legible Service User records, according to Company policy and procedure.
- Use Libertatem Healthcare’s ‘On Call’ system for additional support if required, in a accordance with Company guidance.
- Ensure that all computer security procedures are followed.
- Always act in a manner which respects the confidentiality of Service Users and staff.
Training & Background Checks
An enhanced DBS check & full training will be provided prior to commencing work with our client and you will also be supported by our clinical lead nurse for the area.
· Extensive training
· Regular supervisions
· Annual appraisal
· Weekly Pay
· Holiday pay
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in support work while working alongside experienced therapists and professionals.
Our Safeguarding Commitment
Libertatem Healthcare Group recognise the benefits of people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, whilst balancing the right to be safe with the right to make informed choices. At the same time, making sure that adult’s and children’s wellbeing is promoted including taking into consideration their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action. With this in mind, we will work to adhere to the six key principles that underpin all safeguarding work.